Re: [MOL] Remission vs cancer free [03036] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Remission vs cancer free

I love your attitude. After my breast cancer surgery and radiation, the
doctor never said anything, but I believe I am cancer free.
Thanks for the affirmation.
Christine

At 06:18 PM 30/08/98 -0700, you wrote:
>DEarest GAil,
>
>May I make a suggestion?  when the Doctors said that Barb was in
>remission.....a Very brilliant psychologist told us that we should
>believe that Barb is "cancer free" not to say remission, because
>remission implies, may come back..Cancer free implies forever and no
>thought of cancer coming back. With that in mind we believe it to be
>very positive, an emotional positive impact. So we believe that my Barb
>is cancer free and it feels so much more rewarding than to be concerned
>with the thought of something coming back, remission, and may never
>happen. Just a suggestion. WE try to provide the most positive of
>thoughts, so hope this one is a good affirmation for you....."cancer
>free". Just enjoy
>
>God Bless
>marty auslander
>
>gail.estes wrote:
>>
>          "gail.estes" <gail.estes@mci2000.com
>> Thanks Marty,
>> I will read and absorb the information on sugar.  I know that I need to
be on a healthful path of eating.  I keep thinking that I was given this
gift of remission and here I go being self destructive with my diet.
>> I was so good about doing relaxation and self hypnosis and visual
imagery while I was ill and now I can't see to get it together.  I have
seriously considered going back to my psychologist for help.  I think a lot
of it is just being lazy!  Gail