Re: [MOL] Intravenious octrietide treatment for cancer [03028] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Intravenious octrietide treatment for cancer

Lillian, Thank you so much for the information you sent, it was very
informative.  This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with.
My dad is so young and has always been so healthy (he doesn't smoke, works
out every day and eats very healthy).  I keep asking myself why him?  He
just got back from New York after a 3 month treatment with some kind of
injection directly into the tumor, Dr. Order has had a lot of success with
this treatment (he specializes on the live and pancreas).  Unfortunately
this did not work on my father, they feel mainly because they were only able
to get one injection in (it leaked) so they could not do the second
injection.  When he left New York a month ago his numbers were at 425, last
week they were back up at 1400.  The oncologist said they could not operate,
so he is now looking at other options.  He just started back on the shark
cartilage, so maybe that will help.  Do you know anything about that?  I am
sorry to be rambling on, but I feel like you were a real find.  I can't seem
to get the answers any where else.  I am 32 years old and my dad is my best
friend, I don't want to lose him!  Thank you again for all your help.  I
will continue to check in daily and appreciate any information you can give.
Thanks, Kendall