[MOL] Part II-Sugar Harmful Effects, "TUMORS FEED OFF SUGAR" [02967] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Part II-Sugar Harmful Effects, "TUMORS FEED OFF SUGAR"

Good Morning My FRiends,

The following is the second part in this series and probably the most
profound. While we are recovering from cancer and/or in recovery
sometimes these messages that sort of upset our lifestyle and taste
pallete seem emotionally draining, but the negative and harmful
alternative, which I believe to be true about sugar, is more
informational in the message that is clearly stated by those
professionals....in the following article.  What we perceive to be great
tasting to us all these years, may not be healthy. Again, I  believe in
moderation, but we are the products of what we eat and how we think, and
I can truthfully say that having been off sugar for one year, has given
us more energy and what I see in my Barb from a survivors miracle...is
that I would give up sugar anyday to see her well the way she is
today....and thats a lot to say considering that four years ago that
would not have been a possibility. So, yes we have given up sugar and
the yummy things that are made with sugar, but we enjoy the substitutes
and the "from time to time in moderation" sugar, but rarely indeed. HOpe
this article and series benefits. This is just my opinion, I am not a
doctor or a sugar professional. This is what we learned at our immune
therapy clinic, from many of the books we read, and from those survivors
that believe similarly.

God Bless
marty auslander

This is abstracted from Alternative Medicine a Definitive Guide to

CANCER;  written by W. John Diamond, M.D. and W. Lee Cowden, M.D. with

Burton Goldberg. This book can be purchased say at Crown books or any

book store.

Page 611 and 612

EXCESSIVE INTAKE OF REFINED CARBOHYDRATES/SUGAR-Sugar and white flour

products are believed to have a  direct effect on cancer growth, as well

as acting to nullify the positive effects of protective foods such as

fiber. In addition, they can significantly add to the risk of breast

cancer, says veteran researcher, Wayne Martin of FAirhope, Alabama.

"When someone eats sugar, the body produces insulin, and insulin can

promote breast cancer just as estrogen does," he explains.

Sugar is remarkably effective at lowering the immune systems ability to

work properly. Eating only 3 ounces (100g) at one sitting can stunningly

reduce the ability of the immunes sytem white blood cells (specifically,

neutrophils) to engulf and destroy bacteria, lowering it froma value of

16 to 10.  The immune suppressive effect starts within 30 minutes after

sugar ingestion and can last for up to 5 hours.  Neutrophil activity may

be reduced by 40% for 2 hours after eating sugar and because neutrophil

are responsiblefor 60% to 70% of the total white blood cells in

circulation, this drop means the immune system is working at only half

of its inteneded capacity.  Obviously, this situation renders the body

vulnerable to infection.  As the average American consumes about 5

ounces (150g) of sucrose (or granual sugar found in various processed

foods) daily, it would seem the immune system of many people is

chronically supressed from dietary factors alone.

Now for the kicker: Tumors are known to exhibit abnormal metabolism that

thrives under low-oxygen, high-glucose (blood sugar) conditions-just

like a yeast organism in fermenting sugar.  Accordingly, if you are

sedentary, breathe in a shallow way, and CONSUME A LOT OF SUGAR,

PASTRIES, AND OTHER REFINED CARBOHYDRATE FOODS,, YOUR SYSTEM MAY TEND TO

FAVOR THE GROWTH OF TUMORS.

Keith Block, M.D. profiled in Chapter 2 in this book, notes that sugar

also reinforce the "bad fat track" (stimulating E2 production) that

promotes inflammation and tumor growth.

If you wish me to pursue this by also metioning Dr. Blocks article, I

will as well.

HOpe this information clears up the matter that supports the belief that

"tumors feed off sugar".

God Bless

marty