[MOL] STUART/Colorectal Cancer [02950] Medicine On Line

[MOL] STUART/Colorectal Cancer

Dear Stuart:  My heart really went out for you, most likely because I do
understand your problems and feelings.  I found a forum for your type of
cancer and I certainly hope that helps you.  It is below along with many
sites that deal with Colorectal Cancer.  Our Forum here is a wonderful
forum and deals with all cancers; so you are also welcome to stay on
line with us and you will meet the best that there is.  Now we will get
down to some personals.  I too have a bowel problem; but not from cancer
or radiation and certainly not IBS (although sometimes I think this was
coined to cover up some boo boo's made by so called professional).  Mine
started right after gall bladder surgery and four year's later still
have the problem.  When I brought it up several times to the surgeon he
stared at me like I was a nut.  Two year's later I mentioned it to my
internist and very matter of factly he said: "you know there is so much
bowel that it is very easy to nick it".  Well, does this mean we can fix
the nick or does it mean we have to worry about not making it to the
toilet fast enough?  I don't have this answer; but I understand what it
is like.  We could both enter a relay race perhaps?   Radiation may have
caused your problem.  I have found the only way to be safe is to use a
sanitary pad or depends, because you know as well as I do, that
sometimes we are in situations where we simply can not run fast enough
to the bathroom, there may not be a bathroom and here we are!!!!  Does
it mean I like it, heck no, does it mean I had to learn to live with it,
heck yes.  Sounds as though you have a loving and wonderful wife, who
married you and took you as a package deal.  She must be a strong person
and if you are anything like me, the problem isn't with our partners;
but our own embarrassment.  As far as the impotence, many are in this
situation; though no one likes to admit this either.  Many of the drugs
given to cancer patients either in pill form, chemo. or radiation create
this problem.  I can't really give you any helpful suggestions on this;
but I hope they can on the forum that I listed for you, if not then you
may want to check out prostate cancer forums; as often impotence is
associated with prostate treatments.  I would suggest that you use your
browser and first type in impotence and see what you come up with, if
this is not of help then go prostate cancer forums.  In any event, I
certainly wish you much luck and above all else keep in mind that we are
alive.  Your friend, Lillian

80% ASCRS: Inherited Colorectal Cancer Registries of the Americas  - The
Collaborative Group of
the Americas on Inherited Colorectal Cancer (ACG-ICC) In 1995, the
Collaborative Group of the
Americas on Inherited Colorectal Cancer was established to improve
understanding of the basic
science of inherited colorectal cancer and the clinical management of
affected families. Education of
physicians, allied health-care professionals, patients and their
families.
http://www.fascrs.org/ascrs-cancer-reg.html
Search for more documents like this one

79% Untitled  - A Community Cancer Awareness Series There are no
ribbons, months, or races that
recognize the third leading cause of cancer among American men and
women, colorectal cancer. To
help you take charge of your colorectal health, the Washington Cancer
Institute at Washington
Hospital Center is sponsoring a series of educational seminars.
http://www.whc.mhg.edu/wcievents/
Search for more documents like this one

79% Colorectal Cancer: Detection  - The Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) -
This chemical test for
hidden blood in a stool samples can be used to screen for colorectal
cancer, although, a positive test
can be caused by bleeding due to conditions other than cancer. The
Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, And
Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening Trial - The NCI is sponsoring this study
to determine if certain
screening tests will reduce the.
http://www.cancer-connection.com/CC_Detection/detection3.htm
Search for more documents like this one

79% Colonic Neoplasms  - All Review Therapy Diagnosis. All Review
Therapy Diagnosis.
http://www.ohsu.edu/cliniweb/C6/C6.240.476.411.306.html
Search for more documents like this one

                            The search is over...

79% Quality Indicator Guides: Colorectal Cancer and Polyps...
Experience   - Colorectal Cancer and
Polyps In the case of complex, specialized medical and surgical care for
colorectal cancer, the more
experience the doctor and hospital have with the necessary procedures,
the better the results usually
will be. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Home Page | "How To Choose a
Doctor and Hospital"
Home Page
http://www.ccf.org/pc/quality/08-11/08-11f.htm
Search for more documents like this one

79% Overview of Colon Cancer  - MSKCC's Colon Cancer Prevention Program
Memorial
Sloan-Kettering Guttman Diagnostic Center Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Cancer Prevention and
Wellness Program Genetic Counseling at MSKCC. Special Services for
Patients at Memorial
Sloan-Kettering What We Know About Support Groups for Cancer Patients "A
Patient Asks" --
Frequently Asked Questions About the Psychological Side of Cancer The.
http://www.mskcc.org/document/WICcolon.htm
Search for more documents like this one

79% American Cancer Society: Cancer Information Database: Colorectal
Cance...  - . Treatment
Choices by Stage of Colon Cancer. . Treatment Choices by Stage of Rectal
Cancer.
http://www.cancer.org/cidSpecificCancers/colorectal/crmenu.h...
Search for more documents like this one

79% Colorectal Cancer: Prevention  - Several U.S. oncology centers are
offering high-risk individuals
prophylactic subtotal colectomy -- namely removal of nearly all of the
colon -- as evidence mounts
that at least one form of hereditary colon cancer develops far more
rapidly than its sporadic
counterpart. Wheat Bran Helps Prevent Colon Cancer - A study reported in
the Journal of the
National Cancer Institute (JNCI, 1996) shows.
http://www.cancer-connection.com/CC_Prevention/prevention3.h...
Search for more documents like this one

78% Doctor's Colorectal Cancer Links  - None Available
http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-15548/links.htm
[...]

77% Colorectal Cancer Support Group  - The Colorectal Cancer Support
Group allows our visitors
to post comments, ideas or questions to a public colorectal cancer
bulletin board to encourage open
discussion of topics pertaining to colorectal cancer . Messages can be
posted anonymously or with
e-mail and/or names noted. com is for educational purposes only and
should not be used as a
substitute for a consultation or visit with your.
http://www.mediconsult.com/colon/support/