Re: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity/Christine [02893] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity/Christine

Christine, Joicy and all,
I too enjoy a good religious discussion. Maybe I should attend the
Unitarian Church; they like to discuss religious philosophy. Interestingly
enough, although I don't think of myself as religious, I tell my students
in my college English classes (Mostly adults with children, I teach night
school you know) to do themselves and their children a favor and read them
Bible stories as well as all the good standard Children's Literature. How
anyone can feel educated in the history of the Western World without a
knowledge of the literature of the Bible is beyond me. I think a knowledge
of history is important and I know that if people are to understand the
literature of the last two centuries, they need to have a knowledge of the
Bible, both Old and New Testament.

As a teacher I can tell you that children who are raised with a religious
background are generally stronger students and happier kids than those who
are not. I know that is a generalization that may be hard to prove but it
has held true in my experience.

Liz P.