Re: [MOL] Joke! [02840] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joke!

Dear Joan,

My husband Angelo also had Taxol and Carboplatin for the first 4
rounds of chemo.  After 2 rounds his Ct Scan showed stable disease.
After 4 rounds his Ct Scan showed progressive disease so they
changed his chemo to Cisplatin and Navelbine.  He has NSCLC Stage 4.
The Cisplatin is causing ringing in the ears and the Onc. told us
he may lose some or all of his hearing from it.

What type of cancer does your husband have?  Thanks for the information
about Navelbine.  So far Angelo is doing pretty well with the
new chemo regimen.  He gets Cisplatin and Navelbine together, then
the following two weeks Navelbine alone each week and then the third
week the two together again.  Overall he is feeling pretty good.
He is in little or no pain but does get very depressed sometimes,
rightfully so. All in all he has really strong through all of this.
He also picks me up when I'm down.  Amazing isn't it?

I will pray for you and your husband. Thanks again for responding.
Love to you,
Mary