[Fwd: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity/Christine] [02830] Medicine On Line

[Fwd: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity/Christine]

I agree;  I was only giving a little history.  We had a rough time on this forum a while back; just a few rotten eggs and boy all havic for a couple of months.  But this group and that includes everyone is so good about the right to disagree and that is important, because it is through discussion that all learn. Joicy piece was excelent and straight from the heart, if someone wants to complain about that then bless their cotton pickin' little heart.  For that is all that it is...If you go to Medicine on Line, go to the archives and  perhaps you can see what all happened.  At least you used to be able to.  Pls. know I only gave tibit information and that in no mean's did it reflect on anything happening today, on Joicy, on Liz, on Vicci or anyone else.  I would never sit in judgement of any of our molers for each and everyone has been an inspiration to me.  Ofcourse some write better than I (right Carla, Joicy, John, Marty; etc); but my heart and love is ever present.  Your friend, Lillian
---- Begin included message ----
Dear Christine,  I sure hope that this little discussion doesn't affect
anyone that way again.  Joicy was just trying to help me and I was just
trying to find a way.
No one sounds angry and I can't imagine anyone getting that way from trying
to help another in finding the way.  Religion is a big part of our world
and everyone has the right to believe or not, or try to believe.  Now you
take the ones that left, was that the brotherly thing to do?  I appreciate
everyones input and I didn't mean to start anything.   Love Vicci

----------
> From: lillian jennings <firefly@islc.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity/Christine
> Date: Friday, August 28, 1998 6:18 PM
>
> It does not matter who one believes in, what matters is the way we live
our
> lives.  Wanted to tell you the last time there was a big discussion about
> Religions, the mol group divided and we lost some molers over it.  It was
too
> funny.  I can't emagine anyone getting so riled....how are you doing
friend?  Sent
> another ICQ request to you and got the message you turned me down yet
again!  Have
> a great weekend. Your friend, Lillian
> Christine White wrote:
>
> > Well, I may as well put my two cents worth in. I, too,  went to church
> > until I was about 20. I was confirmed in the United Church. Then we
moved
> > to Ontario and have never found a church I like. I try to live by the
10
> > commandments and be a good person but certainly have not found the
faith
> > that so many people here on MOL have so neither of you have to feel
alone
> > in your views.
> > Christine
> >
> > At 06:56 AM 28/08/98 -0700, you wrote:
> > >Dear Vicci,
> > >You have just put into words my feelings about religion. I was raised
to go
> > >to church every Sunday and to learn the articles of faith and all the
> > >commandments and the Christian rules and regulations, but I never "Saw
the
> > >Light." And I still don't. Interestingly enough I believe in the
Christian
> > >philosophy "Love thy Neighbor as thyself". And I never knowingly take
> > >unfair advantage of anyone or do others wrong (maybe that's why I'll
never
> > >have any money), but I don't have the kind of religious conviction
that
> > >allows me to place all my faith and trust in God. Maybe I am a control
> > >freak, but I have always run  my own life and taken responsibility for
my
> > >own actions.
> > >
> > >I wish I could just hand my problems over to God and trust that all is
> > >well, but I can't. Now I don't feel so alone in my views.
> > >
> > >Liz P.

I'm
I hit
Vicci