Re: [MOL] Colon Cancer and CPT-11 [02774] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Colon Cancer and CPT-11

Dear Friend:  Since all individuals are different, the same chemo does not
always work effectively; so that is why the doctors want to use another type of
chemo.  I have included much many informational sites for you to explore.  Also
just read a really good articile on CPT-11 and it was a glowing report.  Good
luck and welcome.  Your friend, Lillian

 84% Irinotecan Hydrochloride (CPT-11) Combined with Cisplatin (CDDP) in P...
patients was a
 dose-limiting factor of CPT-11. We concluded that the combined therapy of
CPT-11 and CDDP
 (50-60mg/m2 of CPT-11 days 1,8 and 15, plus 50-60 mg/m2 of CDDP day 1) is
suggested to be
 useful for the treatment of recurrent ovarian cancer.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 82% #1070-1998 PHASE I STUDY WITH IRINOTECAN (CPT-11) PLUS
 5-FLUOROURACIL ...
 PLUS 5-FLUOROURACIL (5-FU; 4-DY C.I)) COMBINATION IN ADVANCED COLON
 CANCER. Patients and treatment: CPT-11 was administered at a starting dose of
200mg/m2,
 over 90 min IV infusion on day 1, and 5-FU at a starting dose of 400mg/m2, on
day 2--5 (24h
 CIV infusion), every 3 weeks.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 82% #1884-1998 PHASE I STUDY OF IRINOTECAN (CPT-11) AND CISPLATIN
 (CDDP) C...
fixed dose of
 100mg/m 2 and on day 8 at escalated doses with increments of 10mg/m2(starting
dose
 100mg/m2); CDDP was administered on day 8 at a fixed dose of 80mg/m2, over an
1-hour
 infusion after adequate hydration. Conclusions: The MTD is: d1: CPT-11 100mg/m2
and d8:
 CPT-11 110mg/m2 plus CDDP 80mg/m2 without G-CSF support;.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 82% ABSTRACT #776_5
for 6h), and
 CPT-11 (25 and 40 mg/m2, IV infusion for 1.5h) administered 3h into CSA
infusion, repeated
 weekly X 4 with a 2 week rest. h/mL 25 4376 & #177; 659 366 ? 177; 122 1206 &
#177; 535
 40 6342 & #177; 2773 488 ? 177; 288 1457 & #177; 1053.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 82% #782-1998 PHASE I STUDY OF IRINOTECAN (CPT-11) AND CARBOPLATIN
 (CBDCA)...
 CARBOPLATIN (CBDCA) IN PREVIOUSLY UNTREATED ADVANCED SOLID
 CANCERS. This study aimed to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and the
dose
 limiting toxicity (DLT) in escalating CPT-11 dose under a fixed target AUC = 5
of CBDCA.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 81% 1998 Annual Meeting Abstracts
 5-FLUOROURACIL 48 HOURS CONTINUOUS INFUSION: A PHASE I STUDY WITH
 PHARMACOKINETIC, DNA DAMAGE AND TOPOISOMERASE I/DNA COMPLEXES
 EVALUATION IN CHEMOTHERAPY NAIVE METASTATIC COLORECTAL CANCER
 PATIENTS. Publication Year: 1998 1117 IRINOTECAN IN COMBINATION WITH
 LEUCOVORIN AND 5-FLUOROURACIL 48 HOURS CONTINUOUS INFUSION: A
 PHASE I STUDY.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 81% #1071-1998 PHASE II STUDY OF IRINOTECAN (CPT-11) IN THE
 TREATMENT OF P...
 TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH ADVANCED COLORECTAL CANCER (ACRC)
 RESISTANT TO 5-FLUORACIL (5-FU) BASED CHEMOTHERAPY. Publication Year: 1998
 1071 PHASE II STUDY OF IRINOTECAN (CPT-11) IN THE TREATMENT OF PATIENTS
 WITH ADVANCED COLORECTAL CANCER (ACRC) RESISTANT TO 5-FLUORACIL
 (5-FU) BASED CHEMOTHERAPY.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 81% 1997 ABSTRACT #803 -- Irinotecan (CPT-11) therapy for patients with p...
previously
 treated metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC): overall results of FDA-reviewed
pivotal US clinical
 trials. Publication Year: 1997 *803 Irinotecan (CPT-11) therapy for patients
with previously
 treated metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC): overall results of FDA-reviewed
pivotal US clinical
 trials.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 81% 1998 Annual Meeting Abstracts
 (CPT-11), HIGH DOSE FOLINIC ACID (FA) AND 5-FLUOROURACIL (5-FU) AS FIRST
 LINE CHEMOTHERAPY (CT) IN METASTATIC COLORECTAL CANCER: FINAL
 RESULTS. Publication Year: 1998 779 PHASE I STUDY OF A WEEKLY SCHEDULE OF
 IRINOTECAN (CPT-11), HIGH DOSE FOLINIC ACID (FA) AND 5-FLUOROURACIL
 (5-FU) AS FIRST LINE CHEMOTHERAPY (CT) IN METASTATIC.
 More Like This: Click here to perform a search for documents like this one.

 81% 1998 Annual Meeting Abstracts
dose level of 300
 mg/m2 CPT-11 and 80 mg/m2 C. Dose reduction of C to 60 mg/m2 in combination
with CPT-11
 300 mg/m2 also resulted in DLT (diarrhea and febrile neutropenia). The
recommended dose for
 phase II studies is CPT-11 260 mg/m2 and C 80 mg/m2 day 1 q 3 weeks.