Re: [MOL] carcinoma in situ [02727] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] carcinoma in situ

Dear Diane, we are not drs., but a group of cancerers and caregivers who
try to provide support, useful resources, and shared experiences to
others who share this journey. Where is your carcinoma in situ located?
A hysterectomy is often part of the treatment for a number of
reproductiove cancers, but we are not qualified to advise you on this.
It would be good for you to seek a 2nd and even 3rd opinion, and some of
the resources below may be helpful to you. I hope you will stay on the
line with us -- this is a great bunch of caring people with very big
hearts! All the best to you. Love, your friend, Joicy

 WELCOME TO YOUR MOL CANCER FORUM

              Here you will meet a wonderful caring group of indiv
individuals who are
              cancering or who are loved ones  and friends that are
advocates for those cancering.  Individuals in this group are not
              in the medical professional field.  Therefore,we do not
endorse a treatment, drug or product.  Our people combined do
              have many year's of accumulated knowledge and expierence,
who come from all walks in life and are able to lend
              tremendous assistance to help you  through this journey.

              There are a few matters of importance to address.
              It is the general assumption of the group that one can use
alternative treatments (with your doctors permission) in
              conjunction with traditional therapy.
              We feel that an individual who has had testing and is
returning to the doctor should take someone with them as an
              extra set of ears.
              It must be remembered that this is a most stressful time
for you.  We also agree that a second or even a third opinion is
              healthy.  One needs to shop for the right doctor for them;
as each of us are so different not only in personality; but our
              bodies react differently.
              You should be seeking nothing but the best doctors and
hospital, remember this is your life and you want to be in
              control.  The best way to be in control is to acquire all
the information needed for your particular cancer; so that you and
              your doctor can descide the best treatment for you.
              We find stress is our worse enemy, it is so important to
remove yourself from stressful situations and non positive
              thinkers.
              There are so many new drugs and treatments our there for
most cancers that lend hope to all.
              Be prepared for you doctors visits with questions.  Should
the doctor interrupt you while you are questioning explain
              that you have more questions.  Make sure the doctor speaks
to you in lay terms and that he is positive also.
              Too often the doctor will give a gloomy statistical
report, thus taking  hope away from the patient and we find so many
              people who far out live the guess of any doctor.  Last;
but never least make sure that you eat healthy and that you keep
              your immune system built up.
              Again, we are here for you, we are a place of
compassionate comfort, a place you can rant and rave knowing that we too
              have done that.  A place of shelter; whereas all of us
know what you are going through.  Your friends of the MOL
              CANCER FORUM

                                              TRADITIONAL SITES
               National Cancer Institute    http://rex.nci.nih.gov
              Univ of Penn
http://cancer.med.upenn.edu
              Cancer Notes on the Net      http://www.cancernews.com
              Medicine On Line                 http://www.meds.com
              MD Anderson
http://www.mdanderson.org
              Mem. Sloan-Kettering          http://www.mskcc.org

              Alternative Medicine

                    www.canceranswers.com
                    85% CancerAnswers - Alternative Treatments
                    84% Cancer Information -Alternative Treatments

               www.chiro.org
                    84% CANCER TREATMENTS/ ALTERNATIVE
                    84% Alternative Remedies for Cancer and other
diseases.

               www.meds.com
                    84% Re: Alternative cancer treatments [00299]
                    83% 5. Internet Resources on Cancer

                BOOKS                                "50 Esential Things
to Do When the Doctor
                                                                Says it
is Cancer", Greg Anderson
              On Line Medical Dic.              omd@www.graylab.ac.uk

              National Association for Home Care
              c/o Consumer Guide
              P.O. Box 14241
              Washington, DC 20003
              (202)547-7424
              (202)547-3540 FAX
              Web site: http://www.nahc.org/
              Trade association providing referrals to home or hospice
care.

              The Oley Foundation
              214 Hun Memorial, A-23
              Albany Medical Center
              Albany, NY 12208-3478
              (518)262-5079
              (800)776-OLEY
              E-mail: mailto:taylor@ccgateway.amc.edu
              Web site: http://www.wizvax.net/oleyfdn
              Support for home enteral and/or parental nutrition
therapy.

              Olsten HealthCare
              175 Broadhollow Road
              Melville, NY 11747
              (516)844-7800
              (800)66-NURSE
              Web site: http://www.olsten.com/
              Provides home health care services including chemotherapy,
nutrition and hydration therapies, pain management,
              physical therapy, and general nursing services.

              Visiting Nurse Association of America National Office
              3801 East Florida Avenue, Suite 900
              Denver, CO 80210
              (888)866-8773
              (303)753-0218
              Provides skilled nursing and assisted living services.

              Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
              919 Lafond Avenue
              St. Paul, MN 55104
              (612)642-4000
              (612)642-4068 FAX
              Web site: http://www.wilder.org/
              Provides assisted living and nursing home care services
for the elderly in the Minneapolis area.

              Childrens' Hospice
              2202 Mt. Vernon Ave., Suite 3C
              Alexandria, VA 22301
              (703)684-0330
              (703)684-0226 FAX
              E-mail: mailto:chiorg@aol.com
              Web site: http://www.chionline.org/
              Provides information and referral services,counseling,
support groups, education, and research aimed at improving
              hospice care for children.

              Choice in Dying
              1035 30th Street NW
              Washington, DC 20007
              (202)338-9790
              (202)338-0242 FAX
              Web site:http://www.choices.org/
              Advocacy organization for end-of-life rights;provides
legal counseling and information on end-of-life decisions.

              National Association for Home Care
              c/o Consumer Guide
              P.O. Box 14241
              Washington, DC 20003
              (202)547-7424
              (202)547-3540 FAX
              Web site: http://www.nahc.org/
              Trade association that provides referrals to local hospice
organizations.

              Hospice Education Institute/Hospicelink
              190 Westbrook Road
              Essex, CT 06426
              (860)767-1620
              (800)331-1620
              (860)767-2746 FAX
              E-mail: mailto:hospiceall@aol.com
              Provides information and referral services,education,
advice and assistance regarding hospice and palliative care.

              National Hospice Organization
              1901 N. Moore Street, Suite 901
              Arlington, VA 22209
              (703)243-5900
              (800)658-8898
              (703)525-5762 FAX
              E-mail: mailto:drsno@cais.com
              Web site: http://www.nho.org/
              Provides information and referrals to local hospitals,
patient advocacy and professional education.

              National Institute for Jewish Hospice
              8723 Alden Drive, Suite 219
              Los Angeles, CA 90048
              (310)854-3036
              (213)HOSPICE
              (800)446-4448
              Provides free telephone counseling and referrals; trains
professionals in the art of helping the Jewish terminally ill.

              RESOURCES/ LEGAL
              Americans with Disabilities Act
              U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
              Office of Legal Council
              1801 L Street NW
              Washington, DC 20507
              (202)663-4503
              Provides information and legal assistance regarding
discrimination due to illness or disability

              Family Medical leave Act
              U.S. Department of Labor
              Wage & Hour Division
              200 Constitution Avenue NW
              Washington, DC 20210
              (202)219-8412
              Provides information on employment rights during medical
leave due to illness.

 Resources: Support Services: Finance & Insurance

American Association of Health Plans
Membership Department
129 20th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
(202)778-3200
Web site: http://www.aahp.org/
Insurance industry trade association that will provide information on
insurance and health care issues.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
675 North St. Claire Street
Chicago, IL 60601
(312)440-6000

Department of Health and Human Services
Inspector General Hotline
Office of the Inspector General
P.O. Box 23489
Washington, DC 20026
(800)368-5779
U.S. government hotline for complaints regarding Medicare or Medicaid;
provides assistance with issues of entitlements,
benefits, insurance, and community resources.

Disabled American Veterans
807 Main Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20024
(202)554-3501
(202)554-3581 FAX
Web site: http://www.dav.org/
Provides assistance with health benefits for U.S. veterans.

Hill-Burton Free Hospital Care
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 7-47
Rockville, MD 20857
(800)683-0742 Hotline
(301)594-5999 FAX
Web site: http://www.hrsa.dhhs.gov/bhrd/dfcr/dfcrmain.htm
U.S. government program that can arrange for cost-assisted care for
disadvantaged individuals at certain medical facilities or
hospitals.

National Insurance Consumer Hotline
1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
(800)942-4242
Provides assistance in finding insurance coverage, information on
insurance issues and a consumer complaint service.

Resources: Support Services: Hair Loss

Look Good, Feel Better
The American Cancer Society
(800)395-LOOK
Teaches women who have undergone cancer treatment how to improve
appearance through cosmetics, wigs, scarfs, etc.

Y-ME WIG
212 West Van Buren Street, 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
(800)221-2141