Re: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity [02685] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity

Dear Vicci,
You have just put into words my feelings about religion. I was raised to go
to church every Sunday and to learn the articles of faith and all the
commandments and the Christian rules and regulations, but I never "Saw the
Light." And I still don't. Interestingly enough I believe in the Christian
philosophy "Love thy Neighbor as thyself". And I never knowingly take
unfair advantage of anyone or do others wrong (maybe that's why I'll never
have any money), but I don't have the kind of religious conviction that
allows me to place all my faith and trust in God. Maybe I am a control
freak, but I have always run  my own life and taken responsibility for my
own actions.

I wish I could just hand my problems over to God and trust that all is
well, but I can't. Now I don't feel so alone in my views.

Liz P.