Re: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity [02673] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] The Meaning of Serenity

Dear Vicci,
Forgive me for butting in, but I can't help myself. I grew up very much
like you as far as church going went. I was christened roman catholic, did
the whole communion and confirmation bit (more to please my gran than
anything) To please my mum I attended church of england sunday school for
years. Then I found the Salvos (Salvation Army) Thank God for the Salvos!
They taught me that a church is not where God is, it is just a building
like any other. It's ok to make mistakes, that is what Jesus died for. I
talk to God everyday, but in general terms. Sometimes I even remember to
say thanks! Mostly, what I believe is this, Do the best that you can in
life, if you can help someone, do so. In short Vic, (ha! get it?) continue
to do as you are, you don't need to make public speeches about your love or
otherwise for God, he sees what is in your heart and your actions. Believe
me, I am constantly questioning my faith, but I must believe in HIm, 'cause
I usually say something like: 'Hey God, do I really have faith in you, or
what?' I do mean to be flippant here, 'cause I am sure that He has a sense
of humour, else where did ours come from? By the way, except for My dear
sister in law's funeral, I haven't been inside a church for many years,
because it is not what you do on Sundays that matters, it's how you live
your life! Had enough? I have! LOL. You take care, and don't stress, just
let things happen.
Love Marianne