From: Charlie T <charliet@flash.net>
<blessu@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: [MOL] from Sally
Date: Friday, August 28, 1998 4:24 PM

Dear Carla,

As you know, I am going to have to drop out of The March in late Sept.  Lil
says wait and see, but it is getting so close and I know I am going to be
too tender and emotional for a candlelight vigil, much less the
overwhelming and daunting thought of meeting everyone face to face.  This
is assuming Charlie passes between now and then.  But I have learned not to
assume anything....

He has amazed everyone - going from near coma 58/42  and unresponsive  on
Wednesday night to tonight's reading of 78/60 but still unresponsive.  My
nurse is bringing in a child's b.p. cuff as a small adult's does not fit
him anymore and his wedding ring which has not fit in years is suddenly too
loose also.

Since the met has affected the (r ) optic nerve and brain, he does not open
his eyes too much but moans certain HMMMs and MMMs that only a spouse
understands.  His family looks to me to interpret and I can see by his
smile or his countenance that I am understanding this new "language" and
interpreting properly!

These days I hold him and lay next to him in bed and I put the 200 CD
player on "random" and listen to all kinds of music quietly from Esquivel,
Sinatra, Elton John, Sting, Oscar Peterson, Louis Armstrong, James Taylor.
Betty Carter, Des'ree, Buddy Rich....

Beats Jerry Springer !!!

And Montel is on my #$%@^!#%(#) list since his producers did not write me
back!