Re: [MOL] Colon Cancer [02669] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Colon Cancer

Dear Joan,
Cancer in any form affects different people in different ways. In the case
of colon cancer, (was that the primary?) it usually progresses relatively
slowly unless there is major liver involvement. Usually, the first site for
metastasis is the lymph and liver in colon cancer. Treatment depends on
where the primary is, but I would suggest that you get another opinion. I
am in Australia, but there are many here who could help. Cancer is not a
death sentence! Many on this forum are survivors of cancers, who really
shouldn't be! Diet and positive thinking play a huge part too. There have
been cases where people have had large tumors disappear. My sister in law
Lisa died in July from colon cancer which had metastasised to her liver.
Yet, I look after a lady in the nursing home where I work who has had
'inoperable' colon/bladder cancer for the past four years, is having no
treatment, eats and sleeps well and is probably healthier than me! Once
again, I urge you to get a second opinion, if your mum wishes, otherwise
just enjoy life, but be aware also that if her pain increases, there are
many forms of meds. these days which can increase quality of life, if not
quantity.
My thoughts and prayers are with you
Marianne

> From: Mrsjoan1@aol.com
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: [MOL] Colon Cancer
> Date: Friday, August 28, 1998 10:38 AM
>
> My mother (76 years old) was diagnosed with colon cancer (had
colonostomy),
> breast cancer and lung cancer, all at once this past April, 1998.
Concensus