Re: [MOL] Joke! [02660] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joke!

Hi Lil, You haven't said anything that most of us have not thought about a great deal.
In answer to your question, the kids are not living with us, they are staying with
George's exwife and her husband. The kids are actually staying in the house, and the
parents are staying in their motorhome. This is the first time they have ever had them,
we usually do, but George knew he couldn't handle it, and I knew I couldn't handle it.
They are going to make up their minds tomorrow and make an offer on a house--Of course
theirs has to close in NY before the one out here can close, but I'm sure it will work
out. Easy for me to say, they are not staying with me. They are much easier to be around
when they are not living with you. Actually they have been very considerate, especially
our daughter in-law. Wayne I just talk to like I am his Mommy---At those times he refers
to me as WS--short for Wicked Stepmother. I wear the name proudly when I feel I am
justified, just like I did for my own kids when they were little---except that Wayne is
almost 39. I sound like a shrew--I love him very much, and he is looking forward to
teaching here, I'm sure he will make a very good teacher.
    Yes, we have been watching the news about the floods, and the mess in the Wilmington
area. The other twin's inlaws live there, but they said they live 5 miles inland and
that they don't even secure anything much outside, that just the people on the beach
worry about things like that, and that they are the ones who are evacuated. It scare a
mountain girl like me to death, but then we had a surprise earthquake five years ago
that had never happened here even though we sit on a huge fault, and I'd just as soon
that not happen again.
    We are going to Modesto (about 400 miles from here) to a 25th anniversary
celebration of George's niece this weekend. I am becoming comfortable in my role as
chief driver, but I don't know how comfortable George is. He backseat drives a lot, and
I ignore him, so we get along fine. We will leave Saturday morning early. Marty, if you
are reading this, come up, it's halfway, and we will have a family reunion (just
kidding).
    The reunion in NY sounds wonderful, but we won't be able to make it--Even if we
could, it is the opening of an early goose season here, and George Zaiger is not budging
from Klamath Falls for any reason during hunting season. I know you all will keep us
informed though. Love, Joan