Re: [MOL] Allison! [02651] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Allison!

Hi Allison-

I'm an Allison, too, and my mother was diagnosed in June with NSCLC.  She has
had two rounds of chemotherapy.  The first made her sick as a dog.  A friend
of mine who teaches nutrition for nurses suggested that I get mother off of
all refined sugar as she says cancer is a 'sugar feeder.'  In the four weeks
between rounds of chemotherapy,  mom has been eating mostly fresh fruit and
veggies, no red meat, no sugar and taking a good multivitamin with a little
echinacea.  She has had no mouth sores, nausea, or other unpleasant side
effects this time other than fatigue.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or
if the change in diet had anything to do with it, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Best wishes-
allison chestnut