Re: [MOL] Chemo & Lupus [02629] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Chemo & Lupus

Dear Sandi,

My husband has stage lV nonsmall cell adenocarcinoma of lung with
mets to chest cavity, ribs, lymphs, and a spot of skull.  He
has had 6 chemo treatments so far.  First they had him on Taxol
and Carboplatin for 4 treatments and did a CT Scan which showed
condiserable growth in all areas.  They just changed him to Cisplatin
and Navelbine last week.  Now instead of going every 3weeks he has
to go every week.

I know what you mean about crying.  I cry in the shower, in the car,
especially if there is a sad song on the radio.  My husband Angelo
and I have been married 21 years in Sept. and have 4 children ages
l9,l6,7, and 5.  The three oldest are girls and the 5 year old is
a boy.  Which, by the way, today was his first day of Kindergarten!!
He did great, but mom didn't.

This has been a very hard road to travel for us.  We are looking at
other options such as Sterotactic radio surgery in Staten Island.
Just found out our insurance will cover 70% of procedure.

Angelo is scheduled for at least 5 more rounds of chemo every week
and then they are to do another CT Scan and perhaps start radiation
then.

He is an amazingly strong man and has a very positive outlook.  I
am constantly in awe of him.  Maybe thats the Italian in him!

Please keep us informed on you and your husband.  We will certianly
add you to our prayer list.  Seems like our list is getting longer
and longer these days.

Love to you,
Mary and Angelo