[MOL] Colon Cancer [02624] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Colon Cancer

My mother (76 years old) was diagnosed with colon cancer (had colonostomy),
breast cancer and lung cancer, all at once this past April, 1998.  Concensus
of doctors was to not provide treatment, but that she should simply go home.
They also suggested her life expectancy was 1 week to 6 months.  At the time
she came home, we didn't think she'd be with us long.  It is now four months
later and though she has some discomfort, her appetite is good, she is pretty
alert, and we wonder how the disease usually progresses.

Any comments would be a great comfort.  Thank you.

Joan Davis