Re: [MOL] Sandi - Lupus [02586] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Sandi - Lupus

Sandi,
I agree with Nanc.  My sister-in-law (not the one w/cancer) has lupus,
too.  I think she already knows a lot about it, but I don't.  She said
she has managed to deal with the pain by using mind over matter, rather
than the medicine - so far.  She says the pain gets pretty bad around
this time of year, though, and that her "mental gatekeeper" sort-of goes
on vacation or something.  I like that term - mental gatekeeper.  Anyway,
I don't know much about it and it was news to me that it can be so
serious.  Regina says she just tries to block that out of her mind
because, if she doesn't, she can become all consumed by all that is wrong
with her.  Apparently she has some heart problem, too, that involves
taking penicillin whenever she has her teeth worked on?  Some kind of
bivalve prolapse or something?
-Jean