[MOL] Decisions, decisions.... [02486] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Decisions, decisions....

Hi,
Just thought I'd write to tell you I'm considering becoming a Brownie
troop leader.  It's a hard decision to make because my self-doubter keeps
telling me that I won't do well at it and maybe I'll be overloading
myself right now and maybe I'll get bored or tired of it before the
school year ends.  I'm trying to ignore that critical voice, though,
because it might prove to be a very rewarding experience.  And Tom said
he doesn't think it'll involve all that much time.  He said he could help
me w/preparations, although he couldn't be at meetings.  Jane van
Sickel's daughter is on the waiting list for Brownies, too, so I might
even be able to recruit her to help out.  I get so fearful of leadership
positions, but I'm usually my own worst enemy.

The Brownie coordinator who spoke to me couldn't have been more pleasant
and encouraging.  She said Shannon is on a waiting list of 4 girls.  She
said more girls will end up on the list, but they really need troop
leaders.  She said I could hold the meetings as often or as seldom as I'd
like.  It could turn out to be lots of fun and exciting.  And I *do* know
some other mothers who might come to help out even if their daughters
aren't in this particular troop.  Anyway, I told the coordinator that I
needed to think about it.  I tried to get onto the internet to see if
there's any source for Brownie troop ideas, but Tidalwave won't let me on
tonight. (sigh)

Shannon threw up tonight, too.  I'm not sure if it was due to her asthma
because we played down in the basement and I haven't dusted or vacuumed
down there for awhile....or if she's just getting sick.  The kids have
gone a good spell of time w/o any illness, so it might be their turn now.

Anyway, that's the situation here.  I know some other women who have been
Brownie leaders who might help me if I choose to lead.  I'm just fearful
of failing.  And yet, I think this is exactly what the psychiatrist
advised me to do - reach out, involve myself with other adults.  In a
leadership position, I would *have* to connect with the other mothers.
-Jean
P.S.  Shannon likes the idea of me leading her troop (and so does
Michael).
P.S.S. to Bonnie:  Kevin is annoyed these days because Shannon wants to
play alone with Christine and delegate Kevin to Michael.  Michael likes
the deal, of course.