Re: [MOL] E.Coli Bacteria Found in Beef [02262] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] E.Coli Bacteria Found in Beef

P.S. - as far as feed additives, most cattle are fattened in a feedlot with
corn as the main fattening agent.  Since you may have 100 plus head of
cattle in one large pen, it becomes unfeasable to control intake for each
individual so bulk feeding is the only option.  Therefore, it would be
impossible to add something to the feed and assume that each one gets an
equal dose.  Growth is the only thing that can be controlled through
hormone treatments and that is not guaranteed.  Fat is realitive to each
individual and is based on genetics rather than additives.  I don't know
any such method in use at any of the feedlots that we have dealt with at
present or even what one could use.

pam