[MOL] New Comer Katrina [02176] Medicine On Line

[MOL] New Comer Katrina

Welcome to our forum.  There is always hope with all the new drugs and
treatments that are coming out.  It would be beneficial if your mother
could give up smoking and drinking; but this just may not be the time.
The damage is already done.  Are you familiar with SRS radiation
surgery, non invasive?  If not, then let us know and we will get you all
the information we can.  Keeping your mother's spirits up and her having
hope is a big part of the battle plan.  You said you live in Ga., I live
in S.C. wonder if we're anywhere near each othe?  Your friend, lillian

I just found your website this morning and don't know where to begin.
My
mother was diagnosed with Non-small cell lung cancer/adenocarcinoma.
She
has 2 centimeter tumor in the lung and a 5 centimeter tumor in the
liver.
It has started to spread to the hip but the radiation fixed that.  She
has
been doing Chemo since last December.  The doctors say the tumors are
shrinking but how much we don't know.  My mother lives in Connecticut
and I
live in Atlanta, Georgia.  My mother looks pretty bad and her lower
stomach
around the liver is just sticking out more and more.  My mother is a big
drinker and smoker.  Does anyone know if it would make a difference if
she
quit drinking and smoking would it help?

My mother is convinced she is going to die soon.  What can I do to lift
her
spirits?  I don't know enough of the disease to know if she has a chance
live.

Helpless in Atlanta

Katrina