Re: [MOL] People don't understand [02128] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] People don't understand

I agree that people don't understand what you are going through. I think
part of it is that they are afraid to know (it reminds them of their
humanity, it could be them going through it) and they don't know how to act
or what to say. I confided in one lady on my baseball team last summer
about my breast cancer and surgery. We talked several times about it. This
year, after playing baseball for about 2 months, I said to her "I'm a
little hurt that you have never once asked how I was doing". She said I
looked good so she thought I must be fine and she didn't want to pry. I
think sometimes people just forget and put their mouth in motion before
they put their brain in gear (i.e. why aren't you dancing?).
Christine

At 02:31 PM 24/08/98 -0400, you wrote:
>It was sheer delight to see your e-mail today Donna and to get an update
on your
>progress.  Yes, it is so, people do not understand, in reality they don't
want to
>either.  People will say to me "how are you doing, you look so great" and
I hadn't
>even the opportunity to say how I was doing.
Lillian