[MOL] silly songs [02007] Medicine On Line

[MOL] silly songs

Hi, all.  My dad asked me if I knew the words to this song, so I looked it
up on the net.  I thought you guys might like to have a copy too,
especially Les.  Here goes:

Oh Lydia, oh Lydia, say have you met Lydia,
Lydia the tatooed lady.
She has eyes that folks adore so,
and a torso even moreso.
Lydia, oh Lydia, that encyclo-pidia,
Oh Lydia the queen of tattoo.
On her back is The Battle of Waterloo.
Beside it, the Wreck of the Hesperus too.
And proudly above waves the red, white, and blue.
You can learn a lot from Lydia.

La-la-la...la-la-la.
La-la-la...la-la-la.

When her robe is unfurled she will show you the world,
if you step up and tell her where,
For a dime you can see Kankakakee or Paree,
Or Washington crossing the Deleware.

La-la-la...la-la-la.
La-la-la...la-la-la.

Oh Lydia, oh Lydia, say, have you met Lydia,
Lydia the tatooed lady.
When her muscles start relaxin',
up the hill comes Andrew Jackson.
Lydia, oh Lydia, that encyclo-pidia,
Oh Lydia, the queen of them all.
For two bits she will do a mazurka in jazz,
with a view of Niagra that nobody has.
And on a clear day you can see Alcatraz.
You can learn a lot from Lydia!

La-la-la...la-la-la.
La-la-la...la-la-la.

Come along and see Buffalo Bill with his lasso.
Just a little classic by Mendel Picasso.
Here is Captain Spaulding exploring the Amazon.
here's Godiva, but with her pajamas on.

La-la-la...la-la-la.
La-la-la...la-la-la.

Here is Grover Whelan unveilin' the Trilon.
Over on the west coast we have Treasure Isle-on.
Here's Nijinsky a-doin' the rhumba.
Here's her social security numba.

La-la-la...la-la-la.
La-la-la...la-la-la.

Lydia, oh Lydia, that encyclo-pidia.
Oh Lydia the champ of them all.
She once swept an Admiral clear off his feet.
The ships on her hips made his heart skip a beat.
And now the old boy's in command of the fleet,
for he went and married Lydia!

Music by Harold Arlen; Lyric by E.Y. Harburg.