Re: [MOL] Complimentary Treatments [01778] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Complimentary Treatments

Dear Leah,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband.  So very young!
Did he have nonsmallcell adenocarcinoma of the lung?  My husband is 42
and was diagnosed in May of this year with Non small cell adenocarcinoma
of the lung, Stage 4, with mets to the chest cavity, ribs, and lymph
nodes.

We have been doing a lot of the alternative therapy along with chemo.
He has been taking shark cartilage, Essiac Tea, Vitamin C, Activan,
and wheat grass pills.  He has had 4 chemo treatments with Taxol and
Carboplatin and just had a CT Scan which showed progressive disease.
They swithched his chemo to Cisplatin and Nevelbine.  He has had
only one treatment with this combination.  He is in pretty good
health other than this dreaded cancer.  He is in no pain and has
actually gained weight.

I am still really scared that all of the sudden he is going to start
feeling bad and losing weight and being in pain.  Angelo (my husband)
doesn't take all the other herbs and stuff right after chemo treatments
because he is really wiped out after each one.  The Taxol and Carbo-
where administered every three weeks.  Now he will have to go every
week.

Did you have any children?  We have 4.  Three girls ages l9,l6, and7,
and one boy age 5.  We have been married 21 years in September.  This
has been so very hard on all of us.  Angelo comes from a big Italian
family of eight children and I also come from a big family although
we are mostly Irish, of eight children.  There has been no one with
cancer until recently.  My brother -in-law had colon cancer last year
and they removed a 6 lb. tumor.  He is currently cancer free.  No one
else has had this terrible disease.

I often sit and wonder "Why Him? Dear God".  But I never get an answer.

May God be with you, and please feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Mary