[MOL] Re:Pollycythemia vera! [01638] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re:Pollycythemia vera!

Yes, I am sorry to say that pollycythemia vera is a form of cancer.  The
following sites will have the information you need.  Also if you use your
browser and type in pollycythemia vera you will find pages and pages on it.
There are some 92,000 + references of said.  I think it is wonderful that you
will walk this journey with your friend and if we may be of further assistance
always know that we are here. Your friend, Lillian

                    NCI/PDQ Citation: Therapeutic recommendations in
polycythemia vera ...
                    About OncoLink Editorial Board Sponsors Printing FAQ Help
See Today's OncoTip Usage Statistics
                    Virtual Classroom Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute
                    91%
http://oncolink.upenn.edu/pdq_html/cites/01/01142.html   (Size 7.5K)  Document
Date: 29 Apr 1998
                    Grouped results from http://oncolink.upenn.edu

                    Molecular Defect Could Be Mysterious Cause of Blood Disorder

                    A unique molecular defect in an unusual blood disorder first
identified and described at Johns Hopkins
                    by the late Sir William Osler almost a century ago has now
been ...
                    90%
http://hopkins.med.jhu.edu/NewsMedia/press/1998/MARCH/980331.HTM   (Size 6.2K)
Document Date: 31
                    Mar 1998

                    Molecular Defect Could Be Mysterious Cause Of Blood Disorder

                    For Immediate Release: 31 March 1998 Contact: Karen Infeld
kinfeld@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
                    (410)955-1534 Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions Molecular
Defect Could Be Mysterious ...
                    89%  http://www.eurekalert.org/releases/jhmi-mdmscobd.html
(Size 5.2K)  Document Date: 25 Jun 1998

                    THE MERCK MANUAL - POLYCYTHEMIA VERA (PV)
                    THE MERCK MANUAL The Sixteenth Edition of The Merck Manual
was published in 1992, and
                    many parts of this version are now out of date with current
medical practices. SECTION ...
                    88%
http://www.merck.com/!!tseUl08DctseUl08Dc/pubs/mmanual/html/kpmfhjee.htm   (Size
8.0K)  Document
                    Date: 24 Jul 1998
                    Grouped results from http://www.merck.com

                    Sanford B. Krantz, M.D.
                    Professor of Medicine, Director of Hematology 547A MRB II
(6305) Phone (615)327-5350 Fax
                    (615)321-6327 KRANTZ.SANFORD_B@NASHVILLE.VA.GOV Research
Interests. Pure Red
                    Cell Aplasia Aplastic Anemia Anemia of Chronic Disease
Polycythemia Vera ...
                    85%  http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/gcrc/handbook/krantz.htm
(Size 3.4K)  Document Date: 15 Mar 1996

                    NCI/PDQ Citation: Increased incidence of acute leukemia in
polycythemia ...
                    [ PRINT ] [ Printing FAQ ] About OncoLink Editorial Board
Sponsors Help See Today's OncoTip
                    Usage Statistics Virtual Classroom Abramson Family Cancer
Research ...
                    84%  http://nisc8a.upenn.edu/pdq_html/cites/00/00291.html
(Size 7.1K)  Document Date: 26 Jul 1998
                    Grouped results from http://nisc8a.upenn.edu

                    THERAPY PROCEDURES. POLYCYTHEMIA VERA. INDICATIONS: . Ery
                    THERAPY PROCEDURES. POLYCYTHEMIA VERA. INDICATIONS: .
Erythrocytosis
                    uncontrollable by phlebotomy alone. Excessive thrombocytosis
with platelet counts approaching one
                    84%  http://www.uic.edu/com/uhrd/nucmed/polycyth.htm   (Size
4.1K)  Document Date:  5 Feb 1997
                    Grouped results from http://www.uic.edu

                    MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS - March 1998
                    Molecular identification of the equilibrative
NBMPR-sensitive (es) nucleoside transporter and
                    demonstration of an equilibrative NBMPR- insensitive (ei)
transport ...
                    83%

http://cancernet.nci.nih.gov/clinpdq/canlit/leukemia/MYELOPROLIFERATIVE_DISORDERS_-_March_1998_.html

                     (Size 23.1K)  Document Date: 13 Jul 1998
                    Grouped results from http://cancernet.nci.nih.gov

                    Radioactive Phosphorus Treatment for Polycythemia Vera
                    CPT 79100 Synonyms Polycythemia Vera, Radioactive Phosphorus
Therapy; Phosphorus Treatment
                    for Polycythemia Vera Applies to 32P Phosphate Treatment for
Thr ...
                    82%
http://www.healthgate.com/HealthGate/free/dph/static/dph.0204.shtml   (Size
3.5K)  Document Date: 30 Jul
                    1998
                    Grouped results from http://www.healthgate.com

                    Familial MPD
                    The MPD-Net / MPD Research Center Joint Homepage
                    81%
http://www.acor.org/diseases/hematology/MPD/family.html   (Size 22.9K)  Document
Date:  4 Aug 1998
                    Grouped results from http://www.acor.org