Re: [MOL] Breast Ultrasound - Jeanne [01515] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Breast Ultrasound - Jeanne

After I detected a lump in my breast, my doctor sent me for an ultrasound
first (prior to a mammogram). An ultrasound should detect whether it is
solid or liquid filled, however, with dense breasts, it could very well be
solid anyway. They did a needle biopsy right there during the ultrasound.
The fact that the radiologist did not see a problem or need for a biopsy is
probably a good sign that there is nothing to worry about. I waited several
months before I even went to see the doctor. Could they not do another
mammo/ultrasound in a month or two? You said that the lumps come and go,
but if your doctor feels a biopsy is required, it's a small price to pay to
put your mind at ease. Good luck and keep us posted.
Christine