Re: [MOL] options - - Jim [01428] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] options - - Jim

Dear Jim,

I enyoy your Ausie humor and I get to enjoy the wit and unique
terminology daily as I work with a New Zelander veternarian at a cancer
research organization in New York.  I just wanted to say that you are so
very correct about knowledge being power...it many times determines who
will live and who will die in this fight against Cancer.  It is the very
reason that the mol-cancer site was established...to transmit
information on new treatments, help those newly diagnosed to find the
appropriate site to get information and, as fellow cancer survivors, to
provide a source of hope and share our faith and humor.  We are having a
national event in September called "The March" to raise public awareness
about cancer and to influence the political machinery in this country to
devote more resources to overcoming this dreaded disease that affect so
many through out the world.

I hope that you will stay with us as one who has been touched by
cancer and participate in this very important cause.  I am sure that, in
the outback especially, the internet and cb radio are the life link and
could be used to spread the power of information to many who otherwise
would be cut off.  By the way, I have not too fond memories of the dunny
in my youth...mostly as a scary, spider infested...not to mention smelly
... place that I usually had to visit at night (when else do kids have to
go!).  And, you were always in fear of that monster who lived in the pit
who would bit those dangling jewels off!  It was a double delight in the
winter, leaving a warm bed to sit in a cold shed!...and that ice cold
water from the pump in the front yard was no delight to wake up to with
the morning washing ritual!  All I have to say is thank God for indoor
plumbing...it has been the mile mark of the dawn of a civilized society!

God Bless and I look forward to having you with us...welcome to the
family!
John