Re: [MOL] Joanne-adenocarcinoma and Jim-options [01337] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joanne-adenocarcinoma and Jim-options

Dear Jeanne

Thanks for the addition to my explanation.  I had essentially the same
operation you did.  As it was explained to me, the pleura was first
irritated and then the talc was injected to "fool" the lung into thinking
it was scar tissue  and thus the lung would be "sealed" - did not realize
not all fluid was drained until 2 weeks ago when a follow-up x-ray was
taken before chemo - my doc was visibly pleased - less fluid than right
after the operation.  (Yeah!!!!!!)

Different doctors can be interesting in how their explanations differ.  I
was told that the lungs need a certain amount of fluid to keep them supple;
that it is  a natural recycling system of a sort with fluid going in and
then being released out of the lung and that when this condition occurs, it
is because either my body is making too much or my lung is not releasing it.

I also without id of a primary site and techs at the hospital told me that
sometimes a primary is never found.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Suzanne