Re: [MOL] Joanne-adenocarcinoma and Jim-options [01196] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joanne-adenocarcinoma and Jim-options

I have a diagnosis of Malignant pleural effusion, adenocarcinoma, primary
unknown. The only cancer found to date is the cancer in the pleural fluid.
This fluid collects between the lining of the lung and the diaphragm. Mine
was drained and a "talc" put in to encapsulate the remaining fluid (very
scant) and to stick the two linings together. This was done over a five day
period in Dec 97. My initial symptoms were shortness of breath (the lung
was compressed to half its size by the fluid) and fatigue. I lost 15 pounds
during my hospital stay. They never did find a tumor and I have been
holding my own since then. I take all sorts of vitamins and some herbs. I
really believe in daily saunas and exercise. I have not had any chemo or
surgery or radiation yet as my doctors say if my quality of life is good
why have treatments that would not cure the disease anyway. I would hope
that after the chemo and radiation is over for your loved ones, that they
will feel much better.
God Bless, Jeanne