Re: [MOL] Talking to kids about sex [01116] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Talking to kids about sex

I remember those days of bringing the kids in the bathroom with me. I think
they have forgotten about it though. They know what pads and tampons are
for from watching commercials on T.V. My daughter, Alison, got her 1st
period 3 months after her 10th birthday. The youngest I know of is 9.  (you
might not have as much time as you think). Be assured, they will probably
hear about things from their friends first, but, hopefully, they will come
home and ask you about what they have heard.
Alison will be in grade 6 this coming year. Many of the girls had
boyfriends in grade 5 and they are already kissing them, going to the
movies, etc. A little girl in my son's grade 1 class last year said he
loved him and was going to marry him. So the girls start young, but the
boys aren't interested.
I am having the same problem with clothes for Alison as you are for
Shannon. I find the styles do change after you outgrow the 6x size. Alison
has now outgrown the kid's size 14 and is into a ladies small or size 6.
All the tops are low cut or too old. The clothes are more designed for work
than school. We have been trying different stores than we used to shop at
in an attempt to find something suitable. What they wear certainly does
affect how grown up they look.
As for the kids walking in on you, I have never had that happen. It is
difficult though because if we wait for the kids to be asleep, we would be
getting amourous at about 3 a.m. LOL. Look at it as that perfect
opportunity to discuss it with them (the next morning).
Aren't kids an adventure?
Christine