Re: [MOL] Liz of Y. [00656] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Liz of Y.

Liz:  I was on Tamoxifen.  This drug has some serious side effects that
you should make sure you are aware of and ask questions of your doctor.
Some of these side effects are: blot clots, possible another form of
female cancer, hot flashes; etc.  It has not been proven that taking
tamoxifen more than 5 year's is of any value. Many people are on this
drug and it appears to be successful for them; however I would be remiss
if I did not tell you that I had a very serious allergic reaction to the
drug that has left pernment damage.  Now I could be a rarity; but know
the facts friend.  Love Lillian

Hi Lil,
That has yet to be decided. The tumor was estrogen fed so I won't be
going
back on Prempro and I can tell the difference without it. But I suspect
will lern more about the tamoxifen when I do the follow-up appointment
with
my surgeon on the 14th. He did mention it and said there are pros and
cons
to it.

Liz