Re: [MOL] for the cat lovers in the group - joke (sort of :) ) [00623] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] for the cat lovers in the group - joke (sort of :) )

Susanne,
I loved your post for cat lovers. I tend to take in strays: cats, dogs,
kids, even adults who need help. However, when it comes to cats it is my
son who is a real pushover. The other day (about four days after my
surgery) a knock came at my door and it was a neighbor lady who had the
tiniest kitten you ever saw in her hands. Now this kitten was so young it
didn't know how to eat. She said she had found it in a bush, crying and she
was looking for the people who owned it's mother. All we have is a male cat
so I said it wasn't us but she stood there looking pathetically helpless
and it was 105 degrees outside so I asked her in.
She told me she just couldn't keep it herself because she has an old cat
that was here mother's that she promised to take care of until it dies. (I
am not sure if she promised her mother or the cat). What can I say? I was
in a weakened condition, so I called to my son to come look at it. Needless
to say we now have two cats. He spoon fed the baby and taught it how to
eat. He had to wash its face daily because its got matted every night, but
it is now looking healthy and is growing (although not very much). I don't
think the kitten could have been more than 3-4 weeks old when we got it and
I think it now believes Jeff is its mother.

I have always been a pushover for a sad story, but Jeff is the real
nurturer of helpless animals.

your friend
Liz