Re: [MOL] John, Christine [00597] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] John, Christine

Hi, John, Cathy our daughter tried to make a "healthy" pie and the sweeting
was honey. We will post this in the next few days.

A little misunderstanding. Christine, I believe is a beautiful blonde, will
you accept the description, Christine? Our Canadian government uses the
term "aboriginal" on a lot on many forms. Even at work, I am listed on the
"Aboriginal network" to "talk" (e-mail) to other First Nations people
across Canada. The government is trying to get more of us in the federal
government. A lot of us are working in the provincial and tribal
governments as we tend to gravitate to the health professions. For
instance, our family has a lot of ministers, teacher, judges,  nurses,
social workers,lawyers. I don't much like the term either, my parents
prefer just plain old Indian but there is still a lot of on-going debate on
what name as a group we should use among government and native peoples.
This term is accepted across the world and used in global conferences. Our
nervous Nellie is really the oddball as far as not identifying herself as
native.

I loved the quote from Chief Seattle, thank you, John. You must be familiar
with Chief Joseph then. I can feel your appreciation of the wisdom of the
great leaders. The early missionaries did not tolerate any "pagan" rituals.
Some good medicine was lost and a lot went underground and now resurfacing.
As you say, this is a Cancer forum and I will not discuss this further.
Some will ooze through. It is said that all life is a constant battle
between evil and good. God gives each person the a choice on which side he
will fight. If we do not choose, we will be carried along by the moral and
political leaders we have choosen and share their fate.
God Bless, Jeanne