Re: [MOL] 5Fu memory dificit [00557] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] 5Fu memory dificit

Hi,
This is very interesting as I have noticed a mild memory problem with my
husband who is currently on 5FU for colon cancer. His Dr said we should try
and keep a diary of his memory problems. He said he would do a MRI if it
continues, but that it also can be a side effect in rare cases.
Hope all goes well with you.
Sandi

At 11:00 AM 8/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Anneke:  There is such a thing although rare of toxic drugs causing
>problems with memory; however I am not sure the type chemo you have had is
one
>of these drugs.  I do know that chemo can be very hard on the thyroid and
when
>the thyroid is not working properly there is also memory loss.  Do you have
>other symptons?  leathery skin, crusty elbows, flaky skin, iching and the
>likes?  Pls. let me know; as I had a reaction to a drug.  Your friend,
Lillian