Re: [MOL] Vicci [00015] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Vicci

Dear Jenny,
Thank you for your words of kindness.  We love these kids of ours but they
sure can think of ways to bring a body down.  I know they don't want to
cause the pain.  It's like they just can't help themselves.  I really wish
I understood what is going on in their brains.  To be so abusive to
themselves is beyond me.  What was so tough in their lives?  Or is it they
had it to easy.  As a babyboomer I had it real easy and I grew up to
appreciate all that my parents went thru.  I remember peeling potatoes for
dinner one night and my dad telling me to be careful to only cut away the
peel and not any of the potato.  When I questioned that he told me how they
had to watch every potato they peeled so they would have enough for the
next dinner.  Just one of many lessons I've learned from my father or
mother.  Not a big one but I never forgot it.  Or all the other little
lessons they have taught me and are still teaching me.  Why oh why can't my
kids think of something besides theirself?
I applaud your role as advocate also.  My older son finished high school in
an alternative school.  It was the best thing for him.  Remember that song,
"Smoking in the girls room"  I still have a suspension notice for this son.
 It reads, You are suspended for 3 days for smoking in the girls room"  I
thought that was funny but I never let him know.  My Rich tried the school
but just could not concentrate.  He never was a very good student.  He does
have special ways but they are not academic.  I'll bet you could write a
book about your students.  The changes they've made, the funny happenings,
the private turmoil, the accomplishments etc.  What a wonderful skill you
have in teaching the "challenged" ones.  I don't have the patience for the
teenagers.  I like the little ones.  They are so receptive, like little
sponges.  I just love having grandkids.  I should have done that first.
Are you off for the summer?  Take care and prayers for your friend and
you....Love   Vicci