[MOL] Lillian [02528] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Lillian

I was really touched by your letter Lillian.  First of all let me tell you that I am Carla, not Ken... I haven't changed the lead name on our computer.  I think it was really profound of you to be looking back to the woman you met when paying the water bill and her marvelous smile.

I wonder, did you believe in God before then?  I came to know God almost 3 years ago and and I know that I wouldn't be where I am today without Him in my life.  It is wonderful to hear of marriages that increase and become better through this like yours and Marty and Barbs.  It gives me hope.  I know that there are times when I snap at him and all he is trying to do is help, its just that I am not wanting or accepting of what he is trying to do.

I will pray that I can develop more of a graceful attitude towards others as they experience this with me.  I truly am not a selfish person and I don't want to become one through this experience.

You say that your experience isn't really any different from anyone elses on this forum.  What type of cancer are you working on surviving?  I have only been here for a month, so I don't know alot of the people here.  I appreciate your sharing and I appreciate your caring....

I received the results of my PET scan of my chest today and it shows normal, with no tumors present.  Praise the Lord.  Next week I will have the MRI of the brain and the bone scan done.  I don't know where to find my peace yet as to treatment...  to chemo and radiate or not.  For my stage they don't usually, but for my age they seem to think agressive action is best.  That is why I am doing research on protocols, studies, etc.,   I really don't want to go through chemo (as if anyone does!), but I don't want to forego it if it is important to my recovery and long term survival.  Sometimes I have problems disguishing between Thy Will and My Will.  So prayer is something else that I rely on.

I am always happy to make another friend here.  God Bless you Lillian and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.....        Carla