[MOL] The hero, Hydrazine Sulfate and "nearing death awareness" [02507] Medicine On Line

[MOL] The hero, Hydrazine Sulfate and "nearing death awareness"

Martin, thanks so much for your thorough response. This network is
such a wonderful vehicle (for many reasons).
   Hydrazine Sulfate is a "hero" in my family -- let me make that
clear. It DID have positive effects on my father. He experienced
weight GAIN and renewed hope and  energy for a brief time. But, his
cancer seemingly was too aggressive and he started his regime perhaps
too late. My mother's experience thus far has been ONLY WONDERFUL.
The side effects I mention are mostly good ones (i.e., lack of major
pain, weight gain, energy, inspiration, etc.). When my father died,
she experienced appropriate boughts of depression. The Hospice nurse
wanted her to begin anti-depressants -- NOT HER! She would have
nothing to do with any diet or medicine that would interfere with her
new "friend!" I wrote to this network to request dietary advice from
those who have had longer-term experience with the drug. Mother is
finding she cannot deviate AT ALL from the suggested diet without
experiencing direct reactions to her eating habits. So, do you (or
anyone else) know of other dietary suggestions?
    My parents were always proponents of alternative healthcare
resources. My one brother -- in fact -- IS a doctor, but an osteopath
(DO) -- of which we are all quite pleased, rather than an MD).
   We work quite closely as a family -- which since both of their
illnesses has served to bring us together, rather than apart (I
believe such crises bring to light both strengths and weaknesses and
God has been generous in his contribution of strength).  My father
died as he wished and with us all at his side. My mother, all-but
bed-bound, got herself to the Hospice care facility and held his hand
until the end. We, I believe, did a good job of managing that
experience. Dad most certainly spent his last month in what Hospice
calls "nearing death awareness." His doctors called him
hallucinogenic, we knew differently -- that he was experiencing the
bridge between "worlds" instead. (I would be happy to discuss
this further with anyone -- it made THE difference knowing
that Dad's "ramblings" were meaningful messages.)
   Anyway, we are working very hard to balance all of my mother's
wishes with the very best we can provide her in comfort, care and
support. My mother is an amazingly spirtual and brilliant woman who
is facing her biggest challenge -- not dying, but instead, losing
freedom.
   We are working very hard to reduce stresses, focus on positive
thinking and stimulate my mother's interests, albeit limited now with
her physical restrictions.
   Martin, I will offer to her your suggestion about seeking a
naturopath to do a physiological assessment. I am confident that can
only help. As far as obtaining a second opinion -- that's all been
done. My mother is VERY pleased with the healthcare she is receiving
-- both from her doctor and Hospice. However, we shall and will
continue to actively seek-out additional treatments and
methodologies, as you suggest (partly why I hooked-up to this list).
   Again, thanks. Mary