[MOL] breast cancer met. pain relief [02492] Medicine On Line

[MOL] breast cancer met. pain relief

Several years ago, my mother-in-law had a mastectomy.  Two years later the
cancer returned to her uterus. A hysterectomy was performed with no chemo.
The cancer has since spread to the lung and now the bone (rib area)  I have
already lost my dad and mom (in Aug) to cancer.  My main concern right now
is the pain my mother in law is experienceing in her rib area.  She has
undergone radiation and is presently taking a morphine derivative.  What are
her alternatives in terms of pain relief?  Something other than a morphine
derivative?
Stephen M. Briggs
Steve_M_Briggs@msn.com