Re: [MOL] inspiration [02478] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] inspiration

ken naehring wrote:

> Barbara, Torie, Lisa, Marty and John... and everyone else.  I received
> a book for Christmas called Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul.  As I
> began reading the introduction I knew that I had to share a few
> exerpts.
>
> Intro pg. xix:  "When the idea of this book was born, it was about
> suriving cancer, but as it took shape, we realized that it was really
> a book about life.  In fact, eight million cancer survivors out there
> have discovered things about life that most of the rest of us have not
> yet learned."..........................
> "At least once a day we sit back and say, "We are so lucky". Because
> of this book we are not the same people we were."
>
> into pg. xx:" Our priorities are clearer now.  We share our feelings
> more openly, we take our vitamins and herbs more regularly, we eat
> better, we meditate and do yaga more often, we pray with more
> conviction and we love with more openness.  Our daily disciplines are
> stronger, our co-dependent behaviors are weaker and our desires to
> follow our own inner directives are stronger.  We laugh more often,
> take more time for play, worry less about pleasing others and know
> more clearly than ever that each day is a treasured gift to br lived
> to the fullest."..................
> "We thank all of you who have been challenged by cancer because your
> struggles and insights have deepened our own understandings about
> life, love and spirituality."
>

> I found this uplifting and I hope that you do too.  God Bless you all.

Dear Ken,

The book probably should be read along with many other books that we
recommend for initial reading when any experience or is touched in some
way with a major disease. Thank you for sharing that with us.  It is so
true, at least we feel that way. I just wish I could at times convince
those poor souls that are first diagnosed or the caregivers that there
is HOPE  so that the benefits derived from the disease comes earlier to
them rather than later. This book actually should be read by all human
beings who indulge and take for granted a little too much about life and
its meaning. In our case, we ate the wrong things, we were in total
toxic stress from work from our lifestyle, working, and our friends and
friendships were limited.  The relationship we had with God was almost
non-existant. I wonder even had we read that book while we were healthy,
we would understand and make changes. I don't know. I only know that the
book is profound and meaningful and as long as there are books like this
and people like you to provide us with this glorious information of
HOPE  and gratitude, then the world is a better place.

God Bless YOu Ken and to all my friends. Stay well and be well.

Marty Auslander