Re: [MOL] On Hope/What cancer cannot do [02477] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] On Hope/What cancer cannot do

> Barbara, Diana, Torie, Lisa, Marty and John.   Another exerpt from
> "Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul" that I wanted to share with all
> of you and all members of this forum:
>
> Chapter 1: On Hope  "Hoping means seeing that the outcome you want is
> possible, and then working for it."  Bernie S. Siegel, M.D.
>
> What Cancer Cannot Do
>
> Cancer is so limited----
>
> It cannot cripple love
> It cannot shatter hope
> It cannot corrode faith
> It cannot destroy peace
> It cannot kill friendship
> It cannot suppress memories
> It cannot silence courage
> It cannot invade the soul
> It cannot steal eternal life
> It cannot conquer the spirit.
>
>                 Source unknown
>
> I had my PET scan done today and the technician (Jason) that did it
> said, that he believes that whatever you believe works.....does!  So
> many people can touch our lives as we go through this in such a
> positive manor.  How I appreciate being able to share with all of
> you.   God Bless you. ...........Carla

Dear Carla (sorry I just called you "Ken")

You are certainly on a roll this morning with the positive thoughts!!!
Please keep it up!!!  It is delightful, uplifting , and a beautiful way
to start the day :=) THANK YOU !

As I remember, Bernie Siegel is one of Marty's favorite writers of
uplifting books for cancer patients and care givers.  Guess I'll have to
make a trip to Barns & Noble for some spiritual reading, capichino, and
something sweet :=0!

Carla, you are certainly an angel with a heart filling message and
beautiful uplifting glow!  It is amazing how many miracles can happen
when you open yourself with a positive and gentle outlook.  Jason is so
right...whatever you believe is what you create for yourself.  That is
both our power and our downfall (if we are negative).  My journey to
survivorship couldn't have been successful had I not firmly believed I
would succeed.  Was your PET scan a routeen follow-up?  Please let us
know how you are and maybe you would be willing to share your story with
us.  You certainly have a positive spirit that we would all benefit from
hearing about your journey.

Please keep sharing your spirit with us.  It is a beautiful and bright
gift.  God Bless You.

John