[MOL] inspiration [02468] Medicine On Line

[MOL] inspiration

Barbara, Torie, Lisa, Marty and John... and everyone else.  I received a book for Christmas called Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul.  As I began reading the introduction I knew that I had to share a few exerpts.

Intro pg. xix:  "When the idea of this book was born, it was about suriving cancer, but as it took shape, we realized that it was really a book about life.  In fact, eight million cancer survivors out there have discovered things about life that most of the rest of us have not yet learned."..........................
"At least once a day we sit back and say, "We are so lucky". Because of this book we are not the same people we were."

into pg. xx:" Our priorities are clearer now.  We share our feelings more openly, we take our vitamins and herbs more regularly, we eat better, we meditate and do yaga more often, we pray with more conviction and we love with more openness.  Our daily disciplines are stronger, our co-dependent behaviors are weaker and our desires to follow our own inner directives are stronger.  We laugh more often, take more time for play, worry less about pleasing others and know more clearly than ever that each day is a treasured gift to br lived to the fullest."..................
"We thank all of you who have been challenged by cancer because your struggles and insights have deepened our own understandings about life, love and spirituality."

I found this uplifting and I hope that you do too.  God Bless you all.