[MOL] On Hope/What cancer cannot do [02467] Medicine On Line

[MOL] On Hope/What cancer cannot do

Barbara, Diana, Torie, Lisa, Marty and John.   Another exerpt from "Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul" that I wanted to share with all of you and all members of this forum:

Chapter 1: On Hope  "Hoping means seeing that the outcome you want is possible, and then working for it."  Bernie S. Siegel, M.D.

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited----

It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.

                Source unknown

I had my PET scan done today and the technician (Jason) that did it said, that he believes that whatever you believe works.....does!  So many people can touch our lives as we go through this in such a positive manor.  How I appreciate being able to share with all of you.   God Bless you. ...........Carla