Re: [MOL] My Mom [02457] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] My Mom

WALTER ENGDAHL wrote:

> SManche242 wrote:
> >
> > My mom has just been diagnosed with broncioalveolar cell carcinoma with a
> > multicentric spot of origin.  Presently the largest growth is 1 1/2
> > centimeters and there are 2 other smaller ones.  Unfortunately it exists in
> > both lungs and they suspect others on the way. A needle biopsy done at Mass
> > General confirmed this.  We have been told that despite no obvious symtoms
> > this disease could take our mother's life in less than 1 year.  We need help
> > from anyone who has this and has investigated and/or tried different treatment
> > options. We understand that surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are not
> > viable options.  Please help us as soon as possible.  I just found out I'm
> > pregnant and I want my mother to be around for my baby's birth!!!  Thank you.
> > address.
> I understand exactly how you feel about your mother's diagnosis, as so
> many of us do. I wish you the best in your fight and would encourage you
> and your mother to believe and keep the faith. Marty is right about not
> giving up and searching for alternative treatments whenever possible.
>
> It seems you are at the beginning of your journey, and you said that
> your mother is not having any symptoms yet. She may have a strong
> advantage of getting into an immunity building program now. The more I
> hear about this theory of immune building, the more sense it makes to
> me, and I believe in its worth. I only wish we had tried it sooner for
> my own mother.
>
> The most important thing for you and your family to do now is make
> informed decisions and do plenty of research. There are plenty of people
> on this website who have great info to share. There are many times that
> my family has said, "If we knew then what we know now, then maybe things
> could be different." I think everyone experiences this, but doing
> research is also a good catharsis for you to feel empowered over the
> disease.
>
> As for yourself, we are in the same predicament. I am four months
> pregnant and also dealing with my mother's cancer. My heart goes out to
> you b/c it's not easy. However, you must remember to take care of
> yourself and that precious little one during this time. I'm sure your
> mother is encouraging you to do the same. Mothers are really incredible
> people, aren't they?
>
> Good luck, and please do not give up hope just because the doctors don't
> know of a medical cure right now.

Dear Walter,

As hard as I try to be articulate, I am awed and inspired by some of the
people on this list and other lists that seem to put the words in the
right perspective as it flows from their heart. You said it the way I
would want to. It is compassionate, direct, meaningful and with much
passion. God Bless You for that and stay well.

Happy and healthy new year to you and your family.

God Bless
Marty