Re: [MOL] Ovarian Cancer [02446] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Ovarian Cancer

-----Original Message-----
From: VSmith9298 <VSmith9298@aol.com>
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Date: Sunday, December 28, 1997 6:11 PM
Subject: [MOL] Ovarian Cancer

>Hello! My name is Jennifer Dyson and my mother has recurrent ovarian
cancer.
>The cancer has metastisized to her lung and liver and she has already taken
>one dose of taxol and carboplatin.  Will someone please contact me and let
me
>know who are some of the best oncologists and physicians today that deal
with
>ovarian cancer, as well as information on what are some other forms of
>treatment for stage IV ovarian cancer?  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
>Jennifer:  You have reached a wonderful net, and altho I am not able to
help you; someone will, thats a promise!  I want you to know that both you
and your mother are in my prayers.  I believe the most unselfish person is
the caregiver of the cancer patient.  I understand the difficulties for you,
how strong you must be at all times.  You will have that strength, another
promise.  I do know that there are so many people with cancer that were told
they were going to die and didn't, this is the inner strength of the cancer
patient.  They must surround themselves with positive people at all times.
Your most important function as a loving daughter is to be there, to listen
to what your mother tells you is best.  This is not always easy; but in the
end you will be happy you followed her wishes.  Keep us informed on how you
and your mother are doing.  Lillian