Re: [MOL] My Mom [02443] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] My Mom

SManche242 wrote:

> My mom has just been diagnosed with broncioalveolar cell carcinoma with a
> multicentric spot of origin.  Presently the largest growth is 1 1/2
> centimeters and there are 2 other smaller ones.  Unfortunately it exists in
> both lungs and they suspect others on the way. A needle biopsy done at Mass
> General confirmed this.  We have been told that despite no obvious symtoms
> this disease could take our mother's life in less than 1 year.  We need help
> from anyone who has this and has investigated and/or tried different treatment
> options. We understand that surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are not
> viable options.  Please help us as soon as possible.  I just found out I'm
> pregnant and I want my mother to be around for my baby's birth!!!  Thank you.
I understand exactly how you feel about your mother's diagnosis, as so
many of us do. I wish you the best in your fight and would encourage you
and your mother to believe and keep the faith. Marty is right about not
giving up and searching for alternative treatments whenever possible.

It seems you are at the beginning of your journey, and you said that
your mother is not having any symptoms yet. She may have a strong
advantage of getting into an immunity building program now. The more I
hear about this theory of immune building, the more sense it makes to
me, and I believe in its worth. I only wish we had tried it sooner for
my own mother.

The most important thing for you and your family to do now is make
informed decisions and do plenty of research. There are plenty of people
on this website who have great info to share. There are many times that
my family has said, "If we knew then what we know now, then maybe things
could be different." I think everyone experiences this, but doing
research is also a good catharsis for you to feel empowered over the
disease.

As for yourself, we are in the same predicament. I am four months
pregnant and also dealing with my mother's cancer. My heart goes out to
you b/c it's not easy. However, you must remember to take care of
yourself and that precious little one during this time. I'm sure your
mother is encouraging you to do the same. Mothers are really incredible
people, aren't they?

Good luck, and please do not give up hope just because the doctors don't
know of a medical cure right now.