[MOL] weight loss [02423] Medicine On Line

[MOL] weight loss

Hi, everybody.

It's my turn!  My brother had that Radical Pneumonectomy on November 25th
and has lost 35 lbs. since then.  In other ways, he is doing AWESOME!  I
couldn't have imagined that less than a month later, he would be walking 1 -
2 miles/day and driving!  He does still have pain and is tired, also, but my
biggest concern, at this point, is his lack of appetite.  I realize that the
10 days he was in the hospital and wasn't eating alot decreased the size of
his stomach, but even now, alot of times smells and the sight of food makes
him nauseous.  How much of that do you suppose is attributed to pain meds?
He is a big man, anyway (about 6'2" and started out about 227 lbs), but now
he really looks thin. His frame is so large.  I know that he still is not at
a dangerous weight, but what really worries me is that Chemo starts in a
week or so......and probably 3 or 4 cycles and then radiation.

Any input?

Lisa