[MOL] cancer and job discrimination [02420] Medicine On Line

[MOL] cancer and job discrimination

I would like the help of the list in collecting stories of those who have
experienced job discrimination because of their history of cancer. I
realize that this is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Unfortunately, many employers are still reluctant to hire somebody who has
had cancer. I have serious doubts that the Act is an effective deterrent. I
would especially like to hear from thos whose cancer is in remission or has
been surgically removed.
Be assured that your anonymity will be protected. Your identity will not be
revealed and nobody will contact you as a result fo your reply. You may use
a pseudonym if you wish. To further protect your identity, please respond
to me personally, rather than to the list as a whole.
Thank you for your participation.

Yours truly,
Ron Barnes