Carcinoid syndrome [00800] Medicine On Line

Carcinoid syndrome

I have experienced extreme flushing over the past 8 months and have not
received a diagnosis from my primary internist.  The flushing occurs in
and aroud the facial region.  In the morning I have blood shot eyes and
in the afternoon flushing occurs.  Sometimes the flushing is more
extreme than at other times.  Stress causes elevated levels of flushing
and this usually results in terrible head aches.
After several days of flushing I am usually exhausted.  I have limited
my physical exercise, because my usual bike rides caused complete
exhaustion.
My skin color has been "gray" and bags have formed under my eyes along
with deep lines.
I have a normal liver function and all blood work seems normal.  I have
been checked clear of parasites.  I have taken 500 mg 3x/day of Flagil
and conclude that no bacteria are left.   I had a 24hr urine test for
carcinoid 8/96 and it was negative.
My bowels have been somewhat normal, however, there have been some days
where I had as many as 6 trips to the toilet.  Stools have been fairly
tight  and some signs of diarea.
Can you help me with a diagnosis?  I am at a loss and am not improving.