Re: thrombocythemia [00767] Medicine On Line

Re: thrombocythemia

Dear Skip and Diane,

A few subscribers on our mailing list or our predecessor support group
that are suffering with elevated platelets have reported that, in
their opinion, the herb ginkgo biloba has helped them to avoid
clotting or bleeding problems. Ginkgo biloba has no known side effects
and is reportedly effective and is used in the treatment of hardening
of the arteries.

You should get a firm diagnosis of thrombocythemia and you should have
your hematologist's approval for anything you take, including but not
limited to even simple aspirin and/or ginkgo biloba.

Please bear in mind that I am not a physician, nor am I even a health
professional. Always work with your hematologist and follow his or her
guidelines and direction.

Robert Tollen
Co-list manager, MPD-SUPPORT-L
mensabrain@aol.com or mensabrain@smart.net
MPD-SUPPORT WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/mpdsupport

MPD-SUPPORT-L A myeloprolific disease medical mailing list focusing on
polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, agnogenic myeloid
metaplasia, and myelofibrosis. Anyone - patient, family member, or
health professional, is welcome to join. Our web page is at
http://members.aol.com/mpdsupport To subscribe to MPD-SUPPORT-L, do
the following: Email to: LISTSERV@LISTSERV.AOL.COM Subject line: blank
or just a dash on AOL Body: SUBSCRIBE MPD-SUPPORT-L John Smith
(Substitute your first and last name for John Smith's)