Essential Thrombocythemia [00670] Medicine On Line

Essential Thrombocythemia

I too was recently diagnosed with ET.  I am 51 years old.  I have felt fine and had no symptoms or complications that I am aware of.  The disease was first suspected as a result of a routine blood test.  My platelet count is 800,000+.  I was referred to an oncologist who diagnosed the ET.  He then recommended I get a second opinion through a teaching hospital.  This was done last week.  The teaching hospital physician was much more informative.

I continue to seek for information about the possible risk factors.  By the way, I was recently turned down for life insurance and I believe ET may have been the cause.

Interested parties can send e-mails to GeoBrown@wow.com.